The Lead Artist will be responsible for defining the art style and creating assets for our games. As part of our game development team, comprised of games industry veterans from some of the UK’s top studios, you will be responsible for ensuring that eT games are renowned as the most fun, immersive group experiences on the planet.
You will be building games for our unique immersive game environment, which uses motion tracking and touchscreen wall control systems. You will be immersed in the world of gaming and entertainment (and beyond), and bring passion and enthusiasm for games and group play. As we explore this new space, we prototype lots of ideas and test their potential in regular user-testing sessions. We use rapid iteration and data-driven feedback loops to discover the best ideas for our unique hardware.
- Working with the Lead Game designer to establish and refine the look of each game
- Creating assets for our games and the animated story wrappers that surround them
- Supporting other eT departments when they need art assets
- Methodical planning of your own work, with regular check-ins with your line manager to keep the team abreast of progress
- Proactively manage the art pipeline day-to-day so you can swiftly identify and overcome road-blocks
- Video game art generalist, experience with 2D, including animation and a willingness to learn new techniques where necessary.
- Creative problem solver, but pragmatic. You understand that shipped can often be better than perfect, whilst holding yourself to high standards for customer experience and project management . We want to think differently and examine long-held truths, whilst balancing outcomes with business needs.
- Manage yourself. We measure your outcomes, not your inputs, so it’s on you to make sure you are looking after yourself and what’s important to you, whilst meeting the needs of the organization
- Have fun. We are a company whose mission is all about play. We work hard, but it’s critical to enjoy the journey as it unfolds
- Bias to action,
- At least 3 years’ professional art experience
- At least 1+ shipped game in a senior role
- An impressive portfolio demonstrating skill working with a variety of art styles and techniques
- Preferred experience
- Have worked on / familiar with AR / VR or mixed-reality games
- Worked in fast-growth or early-stage businesses
- Worked in multi-disciplinary teams and understand how to manage different ways of working
- Part of small, dynamic working team
- Unlimited holiday
- Free games
- Team retreats
- Working with some of the UK's top entrepreneurs